Thursday, February 28, 2013

Greetings! Sorry I haven't written since getting here, it's been a whirlwind! We have been crazy busy getting settled in. I have a Guam driver's license now, we have a condo already, and there are a couple of job prospects on the horizon. Unfortunately, there is nothing in teaching right now... So I am looking at a few alternatives. It's been so much fun but we have hardly had time to relax! We did get to the beach on Sunday finally and went snorkeling. We brought some bologna and fed the fishies and they were swarming us! It's such a different world down there. I'll have to get an underwater camera to catch some of the amazing views.

I got a chance to go down to Paseo Park last night and took photo by the Statue of Liberty (Guam version)!
Then I went out on the rock pier with the waves in the background.
Guam is also full of karabao or water buffalo. So in honor of them, they have karabao statues all over the island decorated differently.
And in the heart of Hagatna, the capital, is a bridge called the San Antonio bridge which has been around since the 1800s and is a historical landmark.

Things are going very well and have been such a blast. I will keep you all updated on the job front and will be posting more pictures as we go! (Mark loves taking all the touristy shots for me ;) haha)

Miss you guys!
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Jealous!!! But so happy for you. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of months!!!!

    ReplyDelete