Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hafa Adai!!

 Greetings!

Sorry I haven't written in so long. Things have been busy and a little weird the last couple of weeks. My work lost a few employees right after I started and I very quickly became second in the office and we were working lots of over time to make up for the other girls' absence. Then last week I lost my uncle to a very sudden stroke. I was very close to him and considered him a second dad.  I was unable to make it home for the funeral so there have been a lot of Skype conversations and long distance phone calls.

Things have otherwise been continuing on very well here on Guam. We are still running down by the ocean at sunset and have been exploring lots of restaurants. Did you know that a staple breakfast food here on Guam is fried rice?! Almost everyone has fried rice regularly for breakfast! Can you guess another strange food that people eat for breakfast? I can tell you that most of you have never eaten this at all much less for breakfast!

I have experienced more Guam wild life too!
 
 



a gecko that snuck into our house



a lizard giving me the eye on our patio. when they feel threatened they stick out their throats, make a clicking noise, and do push ups. it's very intimidating ;)












a large moth





my first sighting of a brown tree snake










and a bat

  in a man made cave

in the jungle.

oh and here's a neat breadfruit tree with giant fruits!


So life is still a grand adventure and we are trying to soak it all in. Miss you all!
Erin :)



No comments:

Post a Comment